👉You will need for 2 servings:
1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
some freshly grated ginger
optionally a small chilli
1/2 tsp garam masala
coriander powder, turmeric and cumin to taste
salt and pepper
1 gr. tin (400 g) tomatoes
1 gr. can (800 g) chickpeas, drained
1. Heat the oil in a large, high pan. Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli over a medium heat
until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the garam masala and the other spices and fry for a few seconds.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes and crush them a little.
4. Add the chickpeas, mix well and simmer on a low heat for at least 15 minutes. Season to taste
and add more seasoning if necessary.
5. In the meantime, fry the tofu chunks in a little oil for a few minutes. Serve with rice or bread.