Spice crusted Lamb Leg Roast
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Lamb Leg Roast
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp each: cumin seeds and caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Peach and Avocado Salad
- 2 cups baby salad greens or baby spinach leaves
- 2 ripe peaches or nectarines, stoned and sliced (can use tinned peaches)
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp each: lime juice and red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grind the spices roughly in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Rub the lamb roast with spice mix and oil. Season to taste. Heat a frying pan to medium-high, add the lamb, and cook for 5 minutes each side. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from the oven, cover, and rest for 10 minutes.
To make the salad, mix greens, fruit, avocado, spring onion, and parsley together in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar. Shake well. Toss through the salad before serving.
Serving suggestion: slice the lamb thickly and serve on a platter with peach and avocado salad.